Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Super Arch

Now this one I think is a beaut. You have to think 'recycle'.
I picked up a old trampoline from our city spring clean up. The metal was to good to just throw away. I thought about it for a while playing with arrangement of the pieces. If you have ever looked at a trampoline it is made of sections that fit inside of each other.
My wife had mentioned years ago it would be cool to have a arch across the entrance to our patio.
It was a serendipitous moment when I folded and reversed the the pieces. They fit together beautifully. I never had to cut anything and only had four short pieces left over.
There are holes drilled in the bottom of the pipes, long anchor bolts attached and embeded in cement. The next step was to buy some heavy duty cedar lattice, cut it the correct width. It is wired to the frame through holes that were used to hold the springs for the trampoline. We are going to plant some vines, a Minnesota hearty grape is my choice, next spring.
Tags:

No comments: