Thursday, April 12, 2007

Digging The Pond


The date on this weird photo says it all. I don't know who the guy is :0 The liner I used on this pond was from a friend's pool. I got it thanks to his kids who thought it would be a good idea to let their black lab into the above ground swimming pool. This worked fine for them, until the lab wanted to get out. As you can imagine, the side walls were shredded in the process.
This area of the yard is very sandy, so after I dug it out. I put about a one inch coating of newspapers down, which I am told would jell into a clay like material. Second layer was an old carpet, then the pool liner. I wanted to be able to walk into the pond, which I probably could have done with just the padding. Getting carried away with it I decided to apply a 2" -3 "layer of cement. This was done by hand mixing the cement in a wheel barrow ( making for a long day) and embedding chicken wire into it as a added strengthener. I don't know that I would recommend that but the slab is still there after all these years, working well. . You can see where the bridge is going to be.
Tags:

No comments: