Sunday, January 07, 2007

Moon Phases in the Garden

This stainless steel sculpture called "Moon Phases" was made a number of years ago. A composer I know from Minneapolis, Paul Dice, liked to experiment with percussion sounds. At the time. He dribbled pennys over it, used different sticks and mallets to get different tones. He even took it on the road, borrowing it to play in several performances of his. Even at the State Fair one year. This summer I moved it and created a homage to Paul's Art. I sprinkled about $10 in pennys on it letting them fall where they may. My grandkids had a little trouble dealing with the idea that they were not supposed to pick up the 'money' which now I view as integral to the sculpture, repeating the the larger forms. With Hostas growing around the base.
Tags:

No comments: